Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tier 1


What effect has social media had on you?


Social media has been a major distraction in my life. I have had to learn to control my time spent on them because they made me lose my focus many times before. I even have had to deactivate certain social media accounts so that I could regain control of my life and my time.

It was very hard concentrating on the task at hand when I was constantly updating myself by browsing through all my accounts. Furthermore, I lost a lot of valuable time that I could have spent doing more productive or enjoyable things. For instance, I could have been spending more time with my family rather than wasting that time on social media. . Due to social media, I could no longer enjoy the moment. I was too busy in the technology world that reality just slipped right past me.  Therefore, I was no longer present or aware of some of the remarkable things that occurred in my life.

All in all, the technology of social media was more of a distraction than a benefit. It is a very powerful tool that could have helped me, but it stole from me instead. Due to social media, I lost many things. I lost control, time, and even memories that I could have made with those around me. However, I have realized the negative effect that social media has had on me. And as a result, I have been able to discipline myself in those areas of self-control and time management.

No comments:

Post a Comment